The Blood of Jesus Redeems us from sin.
- Redeem—to clear by payment; to buy back or pay off; to recover; to exchange; to save from sins; to restore the honor or worth of; to recover ownership of by paying a specified sum; to obtain the release or restoration of, as from captivity, by paying a ransom; deliverance by payment of a price; to deliver from sin and its consequences by means of a sacrifice offered for the sinner.
- In the New Testament, redemption refers to salvation from sin, death, and the wrath of God by Christ’s sacrifice.
- We are redeemed from our own works. We are redeemed from religion and tradition and the Curse of the Law.
- 1 Peter 1:18-19 AMP – You must know (recognize) that you were redeemed (ransomed) from the useless (fruitless) way of living inherited by tradition from [your] forefathers, not with corruptible things [such as] silver and gold, 19 But [you were purchased] with the precious blood of Christ (the Messiah), like that of a [sacrificial] lamb without blemish or spot.
- Our sins are forgiven and no longer held against us.
- Ephesians 1:7
- We are purchased by the Blood of Jesus.
- Acts 20:28
Blood has to be shed or there can be no remission of sins.
- Hebrews 9:22 AMP – [In fact] under the Law almost everything is purified by means of blood, and without the shedding of blood there is neither release from sin and its guilt nor the remission of the due and merited punishment for sins.
- Under the Old Covenant, blood sacrifices had to continually be made for sin.
- Hebrews 10:1-4 Under the old Covenant the blood of animals was shed to atone for sins. The blood of these animals only covered people’s sin. The Father looked at the blood and counted them as righteous. The animals were a type of our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus became our “Sacrificial Lamb” (1 Peter 1:19). The Blood of Jesus cleanses us from sin and cleanses our conscience from dead works.
- Hebrews 9:12-15
- Under the New Covenant, the Blood of Jesus completely washes away our sin.
- Colossians 1:14 AMP – In Whom we have our redemption through His blood, [which means] the forgiveness of our sins.
- Isaiah 43:25
- Psalms 103:12
- Revelation 1:5
- Since Jesus shed His Blood, no more blood needs to be shed.
- Hebrews 10:18
The Blood of Jesus reconciles us to the Father.
- We cannot stand before God on our own merits. Our righteousness is like filthy rags.
- Isaiah 64:6
- Romans 3:23 NKJV – For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
- Through the Blood of the Cross, God has made peace, reconciling all things to Himself, once and for all.
- Colossians 1:19-22
- We are reconciled back to the Father.
- Ephesians 2:13 NKJV – But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
The Blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.
- The Blood of Jesus cleanses us from ALL sin—the sin we committed before and after we were saved. If we make a mistake and repent, His Blood cleanses us every time.
- 1 John 1:7 NKJV – But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
- As the old song says, “What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the Blood of Jesus. What can make me whole again? Nothing but the Blood of Jesus.”
- The Blood of Jesus gave us a new and better covenant.
- Hebrews 8:6
The Blood of Jesus allows us to come boldly before the Father.
- When you come to God, you come boldly by the Blood of Jesus. You don’t enter by your own name. You don’t enter by your good works. You are bold because you know that His Blood gives you the right to come into God’s presence to ask for help.
- Hebrews 10:19-23
- We have a new and living way. We draw nigh unto God boldly, by the blood, with faith and a clean conscience.
- Hebrews 4:15-16
The Blood of Jesus gives us the power to overcome.
- Revelation 12:11 NKJV – And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
- Talk about what God has done for you. Your testimony is a living thing—when you share it, you relive it.
- 1 Corinthians 15:57
The Blood of Jesus is held in honor in heaven.
- We reign as kings and priests on the earth through the blood of Jesus.
- Revelation 5:9-10 NKJV – And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll, And to open its seals; For You were slain, And have redeemed us to God by Your blood Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10 And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth.”
- No one is left out. The Blood of Jesus paid the price for every man, every woman, every tribe, every tongue, every people, and every nation!